Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Am My Own Wife - Tasmanian Theatre Company production

In 2011 Tasmania Performs  is presenting a statewide tour of the Tasmanian Theatre Company production I Am My Own Wife by Doug Wright and staring Robert Jarman.

One of the most extraordinary pieces of theatre written in the last few decades I Am My Own Wife tells the true story of Charlotte von Mahlsdorf and her escape from persecution during the Second World War. What makes her story so astounding is that Charlotte was a man and she lived her defiant, distinctive life adamantly on her own terms. As playwright Doug Wright researched this fascinating life, disturbing contradictions began to emerge, leading him to question whether Charlotte truly lived as uncompromisingly as she recalls…

For tour venues and to book tickets visit the website here


No comments:

Post a Comment